<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 01, 2004

Dying to Live 



"We must honestly look at our lives. We shall see that there is much of self in us. We often try to live the Christian life in our strength. (The very fact that we are "trying" to live the Christian life shows that "self" is still reigning!) Self tries to do Christian work. Self easily gets annoyed. Self becomes envious of others. It resents others. It finds fault. It gets worried. It is hard. It is not willing to give in to others. It is shy. That is why we must be broken. God cannot do a great work in the lives of those who are ruled by self. He wants to fill us with the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22,23). But this is just the opposite of self! Until [self] has been broken and crucified, the fruit of the Holy Spirit cannot be seen in our lives." Roy Hession, The Way of the Cross

think on these things...

2 Corinthians 5:15 (NLT)
He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live to please themselves. Instead, they will live to please Christ, who died and was raised for them.

Matthew 10:38,39 (LVB)
"If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for me, you will save it."

"Breath in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy." Augustine

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?