<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 29, 2003

Living in God's Perfect Will 



I like this quote from A.W. Tozer's book, "Success and the Christian."

"The only fear I have is to fear to get out of the will of God. Outside of the will of God, there's nothing I want, and in the will of God there's nothing I fear, for God has sworn to keep me in His will. If I'm out of His will, that is another matter. But if I'm in His will, He's sworn to keep me."

Someone once said to me, "I was told that if I'm in the will of God, everything would go real smoothly for me." I said, "I don't know who told you that, but that's not what the Bible teaches." I went on to say, "Jesus was in the perfect will of God, and He suffered and died on the cross."

When you're in God's will, you shouldn't expect that everything will always go your way. As a matter of fact, you shouldn't be surprised if 'all hell breaks loose' and things look like they're falling apart. When such times come -- and they will -- keep your eyes on Jesus, "the author and finisher" of your faith. Remember, God is faithful -- and if you trust Him, He will always see you through!

think on these things...

Luke 22:41,42 (NKJV)
And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, "Father, if it is Your will, remove this cup from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.''

Hebrews 12:1-3 (NLT)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God's throne in heaven. Think about all he endured when sinful people did such terrible things to him, so that you don't become weary and give up.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?