<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

You Would...Wouldn't You? 

What if you were the only person standing between your next-door neighbor and an eternity in hell?

Who knows? You just might be.

What if that person were your boss, a co-worker, your husband, your wife, one of your kids, a boyfriend or girlfriend, an aunt or uncle, or a grandchild?

How about the check-out lady at the grocery store? The guy behind the counter at the gas station? The paperboy (or girl)? Or that kid who sits across the aisle from you at school?

If you could do anything to help turn their heart toward Heaven, you'd do it, wouldn't you?

You'd be willing speak to them and let them know that God loves them, wouldn't you?

You'd tell them that Jesus died on the cross for their sin, wouldn't you?

You'd be willing to pray for them, take them to lunch, invite them to church, and be there for them when they needed a friend, wouldn't you?

"Yeah, I know I should share my faith more; but life's too busy. Maybe if I had more time..."

"Besides, isn't that the preacher's job? I don't feel I'm qualified. I've never been to Bible school or anything"

"I'm too shy. It's really hard for me to talk with people. I just don't know where to begin."


Yes, I know, life is busy -- way too busy -- and many of us don't feel "qualified" to do the things God often calls us to do.

But, sharing the message of Christ with others is not solely the job of your pastor, the traveling evangelist, or the missionary -- it's the ministry of every believer -- it's your ministry.

And, if Jesus asked you to "go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere", you would go -- wouldn't you?

___________________________________________________

think on these things...

"This is a true saying, and everyone should believe it: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners -- and I was the worst of them all. But that is why God had mercy on me, so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life."

-- 1 Timothy 1:15-16 (New Living Translation)

"Dearest friends, you were always so careful to follow my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away you must be even more careful to put into action God's saving work in your lives, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey him and the power to do what pleases him. In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your lives shine brightly before them."

-- Philippians 2:12-15 (New Living Translation)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?