<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2003

"Radio" Review 


In all my 53 years, I can't remember ever going to the theatre to see any movie on its opening day -- but that's what I did yesterday afternoon.

I went to the GKC Theatre at Birchwood Mall in Ft. Gratiot, Michigan to see "RADIO".

Here's my review...

There was death, but nobody got killed.

There was love, but nobody got naked.

There was hatred, but no bloody fights.

There was truth, but nobody preached.

Now, if you're looking for a movie where people get "blown away", where everybody's jumping in and out of bed with "whosoever will", or where the bad guys are the heroes, you will not like this movie.

But if you want to spend a couple hours or so watching a movie that will make you think about what's really important in life -- and give you a renewed sense of hope in the power of love and kindness -- then I think you'll like this film, which is based on the true life story of an unlikely hero, James Robert Kennedy.

Kudos to Cuba for his performance!

I'm glad I took a handkerchief instead of Kleenex. (I really hate getting those little pieces of tissue stuck above my eyeball.)

Just a couple other thoughts...

Be sure you hang around while the credits roll.

And it's best to go see this movie in the daytime. You'll really look silly coming out of the theatre at night with your sunglasses on.

I give "Radio" 3 THUMBS UP! (Can I do that?)

I just did.

___________________________________________________________________

After you've seen the picture, you might want to check out these sites...

Yahoo! Movies: Radio
Radio: The Heart Of Anderson
T.L. Hanna High School
Christian Actress Makes Big Screen Debut in New Film "Radio"


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?